Pah-chin is a short delinquent with a stocky build. He has slanted eyes, the sides of his head are shaven and has bleached hair which is parted to one side. There is a small stitch below the left side of his lip and a small scar below his left eye.
As he grows up, he lets his hair return to its original black color and starts dressing in nice clothing, befitting of his career in real estate.
When first seen, Pah-chin appears as a brusque and rude individual, reacting aggressively to minimal things or otherwise harmless statements. Pah-chin is by his own account not very smart, something even Peh-yan agreed with. Pah-chin is seemingly proud and boastful of this fact and sometimes even uses it as an excuse for his actions. Which is something that annoyed other Toman leaders at times when more thought and tactics were useful other than sheer brute force.
Pah-chin is above all a very loyal friend who always supports and stands up for his friends and loved ones. When one of Pah-chin's friends and his girlfriend were brutally assaulted by Moebius, Pah-chin was furious and wanted revenge. Luckily, his defensive instincts kicked in and he managed to hold back, mainly because he was fearful of dragging Toman into a fight where they'd be facing an older and more established gang. His initial displays of aggression being merely an outlet for his frustration over the incident.
When revenge was authorized by Mikey, Pah-chin was invigorated and hoped to strike at the earliest possible opportunity. He did not take Takemichi's suggestion to not attack, well. Fearing that Moebius' provocation could be part of a larger scheme and even beat him down for providing ambiguous logic. If it means to fight for his friends, there is no limit Pah-chin is unwilling to cross, facing Osanai in a duel that was obviously to his disadvantage, and later stabbing him to finally make him pay for his crimes. Subsequently he stayed behind and let himself be arrested to allow the rest of his gang-mates to escape police.
After being released from detention Pah-chin seems a new man with a different outlook at life. Although he maintains most of his personality quirks, he seems much more focused and orderly, now being capable of running a real state business with great precision and surprising know how.
Pah was considered one of the strongest fighters in Toman, so much that Peh-yan had absolute trust in his abilities. Unfortunately, the full extent of his fighting power has not been demonstrated as he was defeated with relative ease by Osanai who had an expertise in boxing. Nonetheless, Pah-chin proved himself durable enough to take a severe beating and still remain conscious.
Following his release from detention, Pah-chin managed a real estate business. Despite his previous assertions of being stupid, Pah-chin demonstrated precise know how of his industry and accute care of the minimum details to deliver the best product possible to his customers. In the Present time, his business would grow into a commercial success.
- The name Haruki means "spring" (春) (haru) and "tree" (樹) (ki).
- Haruki's surname Hayashida means "forest" (林) (hayashi) and "field, rice paddy" (田) (ta/da).
- According to the official character book:
- His image color is pea green.
- He likes tigers.
- He dislikes insects.
- His special skill is breaking the first place record in punching machine.
- The person he respects or admires is Sano Manjiro (Mikey).
- The thing he dislikes or fears is cockroaches.
- His dream is to win a fight against Mikey.
- His heroic story (or failure story): He has challenged Mikey ten times so far and Mikey stopped his winning streak.
- His favorite spot is Pe-yan's house.
- A daily activity of a certain day (from morning till bedtime):
- Kazutora brought a fashion magazine that had a very cool Aloha shirt in it and they both went to the shop in Daikanyamacho. The shop is really stylish which made them both really excited and they bought matching shirts, but with different colors. When we wore the shirts to the Toman meeting, everyone called us the delinquent duo. This is upsetting, it was cool when we saw it in the magazine...but why?
- From the question "Who's likely to be rich?", Pah-chin was ranked number 1 from the Top 3 Best.
- From the question "Who's the fastest runner?", Pah-chin was ranked number 1 from the Top 3 Worst.
- From the question "Who's strong in arm wrestling?", Pah-chin was ranked number 1 from the Top 3 Best.
- From the question "Who do you want as surbordinate?", Pah-chin was ranked number 3 from the Top 3 Worst.
- He has a dog named "Pochi".
- Tokyo Revengers Manga: Chapter 199.
- Official Character Book