Kazushi has mid-length chestnut hair with the bangs tied back and grape colored eyes. He wore orange colored square shaped glasses and the standard middle school uniform.
In Takemichi's own words, Kazushi is described as a dumb-ass who wears glasses because he believes it would make him smart. However, he is actually surprisingly adept at learning topics that interest him, such as gangs. His knowledge is reliable and has helped his friends out countless times. He is quite excitable about the topics too, interacting and meeting each member he has extensive knowledge about both scares him and excites him. He stands by his friends sides and loyal to them, helping them out in his own way.
Despite his supposed lack of intelligence, Kazushi is very adept at information gathering and handling, showing nearly universal knowledge of the delinquent world, to the point he is called the "Walking Delinquent Encyclopedia."
He is deeply informed about events both present and past, aware of multiple gangs, their relationships and power dynamics, and is also knowledgeable about their internal structures, to the point he could describe nearly the entire formation of gangs as enigmatic as Valhalla, being able to discern the composition of most of their membership and even obscure figures like Kazutora. He could also narrate with acute precision the causality of events that led to the Tokyo Sengoku Period and the subsequent outcome from them along the current stalemate between the Three Deities and even who the mysterious figures were, despite having no known direct involvement whatsoever with any of these occurences.
Kazushi also seems to be very well connected, as he was able to get information regarding Kiyomasa's attempt at Draken's life, despite the fact that Peh-yan's own attempt at him was the more public knowledge even for Toman's captains. Information, which by virtue of circumstances was highly unlikely to be acquired easily due to the secrecy of the scheme.
- The name Kazushi means "one" (一) (kazu) and "officer, boss" (司) (shi).
- Kazushi's surname Yamagishi means "mountain, hill" (山) (yama) and "shore, bank, coast" (岸) (kishi/gishi).
- According to the official character book:
- His nickname is Gang-dex.
- His image color is lime yellow.
- He likes rumors about delinquents.
- He dislikes fighting.
- His special skill is glib talker.
- The person he respects or admire is actually Takemichi.
- His dream is controlling the delinquents from behind the scenes.
- His heroic story (or failure story): Whenever the Mizo Middle Five fight with others from another middle school, Yamagishi will be the first one to be targeted.
- His favorite spot is at Takemichi's house.
- Tokyo Revengers Manga: Chapter 124 (p. 3).
- Official Character Book
- Tokyo Revengers Manga: Chapter 208 (p. 3).
|Tokyo Manji Gang|
|Leaders||Manjiro Sano · Takemichi Hanagaki|
|Vice-Leaders||Ken Ryuguji† · Chifuyu Matsuno|
|Captains||Seishu Inui · Keisuke Baji† · Takashi Mitsuya · Haruki Hayashida · Tetta Kisaki† · Nahoya Kawata · Senju Kawaragi · Yasuhiro Muto† · Taiju Shiba · Shuji Hanma|
|Vice-Captains||Kazutora Hanemiya · Hakkai Shiba · Ryohei Hayashi · Hamada Tadaomi · Souya Kawata · Haruchiyo Sanzu|
|Division members||Atsushi Sendo · Kazushi Yamagishi · Takuya Yamamoto · Makoto Suzuki · Hajime Kokonoi · Masataka Kiyomizu · Red|
|Number 3||Izana Kurokawa†|