As an adult, Naoto is a man with black hair parted to the right. He usually has a serious expression on his face, befitting his occupation as a detective. During work, he wears a formal attire consisting of a white button-up, which is secured with a maroon-colored tie under a light gray coat styled in an american cut with peak lapels and slacks of the same color. His footwear consists of a pair of brown oxfords.
As a child, Naoto has a more innocent look on his face. His hair is more or less the same as that of his adult years, albeit somewhat shorter. He is also quite skinny and his height is below average. Naoto wears his assigned schooling attire, which consist of a collared button-down shirt, a belt, black slacks, and loafers.
As an adult, Naoto is a righteous individual who is also determined to alter save his sister. He has a no-nonsense personality and is usually unamused by others' humorous advances, particularly from Takemichi. He is also willing to embrace far-fetched possibilities, such as the fact that Takemichi can time-leap, and even make his own hypotheses about it.
As a child, he possesses an average mindset and personality as how a youngster could have, but has shown intelligence and the ability to read a situation as shown when he repeatedly hopped on the spot to hear the clinking of his remaining coins as instructed(or more like intimidated to do) by a trio of delinquents from another school, and if not for a certain blonde-haired kid's intervention, he would've most likely have given away the rest of his coins in exchange for being left alone, or simply because he didn't want to get hurt.
In addition, he also doesn't question Takemichi everytime he comes over to their apartment in order to shake hands, wordlessly complying with the blonde's particularly weird requests of handshaking, and just remarked once about it, it can be implied that he never probed about it any further.
Skills and Abilities
Overall Abilities: As a detective, Naoto has excellent deduction skills. He is able to quickly piece together scraps of information to create a big picture. His position grants him access to an extraordinary amount of information that the average person cannot get. This has been extremely helpful in aiding Takemichi to change the past to create a better present.
- The name Naoto means "straight" (直) (nao) and "person" (人) (to).
- Naoto's surname Tachibana means "orange, tangerine" (橘).
- He shares the last kanji of his name with his father, Masato Tachibana.
- According to the official character book:
- His image color is grey.
- He likes "Mu" magazine.
- He dislikes karaoke.
- His special skill is calligraphy.
- The person he looks up to or admires is Aleister Crowley.
- The person he dislikes or fears is his sister when she's angry.
- His dream is to be a police officer.
- His favorite place is the library.
- Naoto's relationship chart: In the present:
- Hinata: Older sister
- Takemichi: Cooperate
- Kisaki Tetta and Sano Manjiro: To pursue (To prevent them from killing Hinata)
- His heroic story (or failure story): He sent his own postcard to MU Magazine.
- A typical day at school: Arriving at school with my sister, she complains about me eating her pudding without permission -> Got a perfect score on math test -> Eat school lunch while reading a book during lunch break -> On the way home, I stopped at a bookstore, got beaten up by my sister in Smash Bros, and fell asleep in frustration.
|Tachibana family||Hinata Tachibana · Naoto Tachibana · Masato Tachibana|
|Sano family||Emma Sano · Mansaku Sano · Makoto Sano · Sakurako Sano|
|Shiba family||Yuzuha Shiba|
|Mitsuya family||Luna Mitsuya · Mana Mitsuya|
|Others||Dino · Hasegawa · Koji · Masaway · Remi · Yasuda · Yumi Mori · Karen Kurokawa|