Peh-yan is a tall teenager with short blonde hair. He is described that he has an intimidating presence to him with eyes that always gives him a sad but fierce look to him.
Peh-yan is a short-tempered and aggressive person and is rather unintelligent and has a quite menacing presence most of the time. However, as time goes on, Peh-yan is shown to have a lot of care for not only Toman but also for its members. When his close friend Pah-chin was almost beaten into a bloody pulp by Osanai, he was very worried for him and wanted to interfere with the fight. Peh-yan has a keen sense of humor, making witty remarks depending on the situation.
As the Vice-Captain, and later, acting Captain, of his division, Peh-yan has command over its members and can lead them in battle.
According to Takashi Mitsuya, although Peh-yan is stupid, he is stronger in a fight than he is. Peh-yan fights in a very straightforward manner, displaying no other moves except heavy punches that have knockout potential against anyone they land on.
- The name Ryohei means "good, virtuous, respectable" (良) (ryo) and "flat, broad, level, even, peaceful" (平) (hei).
- Ryohei's surname Hayashi means "forest" (林).
- According to the official character book:
- His image color is emerald.
- From the question "Who do you want as surbordinate?", Peyan is ranked number 2 from the Top 3 Best.
- Official Character Book